Nowhere else is the nightlife better than in Berlin, but this beautiful city has so much more to offer! Together with one of my best friends we went on a weekend road trip for a vegan-food-bike-inspiration-tour.
On a secret location – only accessible by the backdoor of a service corridor- you can find this (literally) hidden gem: Cookies cream. Do you see a big chandelier? Then you’re going in the right direction! Fantastic atmosphere in this restaurant, with high quality (vegan) food. – contact me for the address.
- On Sundays you can saunter on the hippy market in Mauerpark. In the afternoon there’s often karaoke organised in this park.
- Kreuzberg is a nice neighbourhood with a beautiful bridge: Oberbaumbrucke
- Badeschiff is a swimming pool in the river, in the heart of the city. You’ll smell the fresh mint already miles ago. With your feet in the sand you can enjoy one of the best mojito’s. This outdoor venue is only open during the summer months – Eichenstraße 4
Off course you shouldn’t miss the nightlife tough! We went to Tresor, Berghain and Watergate (Falckensteinstraße 49).
Home! There’s no other city where I feel more at home than in Rotterdam.One of my favourite streets in this city is the Witte de Withstraat. Especially during the summer I spend many evenings here on one of the terraces with my friends.
Bertmans – For the best breakfast I always go to Bertmans. Delicious (vegan) breakfast and cold pressed juices. What else do you want? – Zaagmolenkade 15
*To be continued*
Food & Drinks
- Park – The rooftop of a car park (7th floor) is transformed into a bar with a beautiful view over the city and the river. It opens daily at 1PM and only closes late at night. It’s filled with wooden furniture and small potted trees to create the feeling of a garden. One of the best terraces of Lisbon. Good cocktails, great burgers and an amazing view. What else do you need? – Calçada do Combro, 58
- Mesón Andaluz – This small and cozy restaurant is across our guesthouse. It has original Portugese tapas and very good wines. The perfect date location! – Travessa do Alecrim 4
- Mercado da Ribeira – Market hall with a lot of choice, comparable with the “Markthal” in Rotterdam and “Mercat de la Boqueria” in Barcelona
- The decadente – Restaurant? Cafe? Bar? Hostel? Terrace? Everything in one! Simple but really good and healthy menu – Rua de Sao Pedro de Alcantara 81
- Pao á Mesa – Lovely restaurant in a very nice street in Principe Real. – Rua D. Pedro V nr.44
- Pensao Amor – This place used to be a whorehouse, but now turned into a cocktailbar. During the weekend is loaded with tourists and locals and after we tried the GT’s we know why. The interior, design and wall paintings are kept in tact, hilarious! – Rua do Alecrim 19
- Boho Cais do Sodré (guesthouse) – If you want to sleep in the middle of the old town, make a reservation at Boho Guest House. This house only has four rooms and you can share the living rooms with others. Design is great and the owner super friendly and helpful. – Travessa do Alecrim n3,1
P.S. We didn’t go there, but if you have the time go visit Sintra. We heard it’s beautiful!
London is always a good idea! Stays buzzy, everything I’m staying here! Work is one of the main reasons I have to travel to London, but it never feels like “have to”, because I really love this city. Every time I’m here I also try to stay longer to explore a new area.
Barber & Parlour – Is it a barber shop, a cinema, a shop or a lunch room? It’s everything at the same time! They have very best salads and fresh house pressed juices. – 64-66 Redchurch street
Victoria park – Far away from the busy touristic centre you’ll find Victoria park. Little lakes, very good running loops and lovely tearooms.
Mash Steak house – Burgers are very expensive (30-50 GBP), but they’re worth it! If you don’t want to spend all your money on one burger, go here for the cocktails! Brilliant! – 77 Brewer street